Crediton Community Woodlands group has been recently set up with
the following objectives:
- To create and develop woodlands for the benefit of present and
future communities in Crediton and District
- To reduce risk of flooding in Crediton and District and to
minimise run-off from local fields.
- To plant and maintain woodlands close to existing wildlife-rich
areas such as ancient woods/existing trees
- To provide leisure and education opportunities for children and
- To create a more attractive and resilient landscape close to
- To revive and develop remaining orchards and orchard fragments
and to advise local people on best practice in care and
conservation of fruiting and other trees.
- To develop and sustain employment for local people in
occupations such as Arboriculture, Forestry, Wildlife Management
and Visitor Attraction.
- To provide ongoing training/retraining, in particular for young
adults and early retirees in the Crediton area.
In order to get grant funding to buy or lease suitable land, the
group are setting up as a charitable organisation and are seeking
wide support in and around Crediton for their objectives.
Please can you do one or all of the following:
- Like their Facebook Page
- Follow them on Twitter @creditonwoods
- Sign their online petition
The Group are currently campaigning against a new small business
development on the flood plain in Fordton.
Contact the group Secretary Rob Nicholls for more details.